As per Allocation of Business, functions of Financial Institutions Division are as follows-
1. Administration and interpretation of the Bangladesh Bank Order, 1972 (P.O. No. 127 1972) and orders relating to the specialized banks and other matters relating to state owned banks, Insurance and financial institutions.
2. Insurance and law of Insurance.
3. Banking including Co-operative Banking.
4. Regulation of share market and future markets.
5. Co-ordination matters relating to
(a) Capital issue;
(b) Credit rate policy;
(c) Interest rate policy.
6. Review of investment policies and programs.
7. Secretariat administration including financial matters.
8. Administration and control of subordinate offices and organizations under this Division.
9. Liaison with International Organizations and matters relating to treating and agreements with other countries and world bodies relating to subjects allotted to the Division.
10. All laws on subjects allotted to this Division.
11. Inquiries and statistics of any of the subjects allotted to this Division.
12. Fees in respect of any of the subjects allotted to this Division except fees taken in courts.
A H M Mustafa Kamal, FCA. Details
Mr. Sheikh Mohammad Salim Ullah, Secretary of Financial Institutions Division, Ministry of Finance. Details